Since 1949 it has been dedicated to produce highly skilled manpower and encourage them to mobilize their talent in different sectors. It also has been expanding its services through other campuses like: Asakura Campus, Oko Campus and Monobe Campus. Right now it has 7 faculties like: faculty of humanities, faculty of education, faculty of science, medical school, TOSA Innovative Human Development Programs (Japanese), faculty of agriculture and marine sciences and faculty of regional collaboration (Japanese). It always ready to welcome number of students from different corners of the world without any discrimination on the basis of age, sex, language, nationality, religion, colors, caste & creeds.
The attractive academic programs offers by the Kochi University are mentioned below:
- Undergraduate Degrees Programs:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Teacher Training Division
- Natural Science
- Applied Science
- Green Science Human Resource Development course
- International Human Resource Development course
- Life & Environment Human Resource Development course
- Sports Human Resource Development course
- Medical Course
- Nursing Course
- Agriculture, Forestry, Bio resource and Environmental Sciences
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Marine Resource Science
- Regional Collaboration ( Japanese)
- Graduate Degrees Programs:
- Humanities and Social Science
- Medical Science
- Nursing Science
- Agricultural Science
- Kuroshio Integrated Science
- Plant Health Care Science
- Applied Science
- Kuroshio Science
International students are eligible to apply in this University if they follow these procedures at the time of admission:
- Application should be given through online and show all the required documents too.
- Official transcripts from high school to college must be shown.
- Immigration documents along with citizenship certificate are also necessary for all the international students.
- Bank balance verified by the authorized personnel of the bank must be shown for the educational purpose.
- Japanese language is the first priority of this University.